Word for today: Call
This call to embark on a rigorous journey of reclaiming ourselves and our relationship to the divine often comes without our bidding. There are many reasons we might begin an inner pilgrimage. Perhaps we’ve experienced a great loss: a job, our health, a dear friend, a sense of identity, financial security, or a marriage. We know we can’t return to life as usual.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective question: What call has summoned you to set out upon your journey to transformation? Have your life circumstances forced you on to a journey you would rather not take? Or is this pilgrimage a welcome summons?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice today. (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
- Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>
Keeping a balance
Distractions and decisions
Decide yes or no.
I love this, Jan!
In a sometimes black and white world we are called to let the light of the divine shine through us providing color and energy.
Wonderful, Bob! I like how different the stars and other shapes are. Just like being human!
Palm up, my hand awaits
something to fall
into my wanting,
my waiting, my call
for levity, light,
by Mary Harwell Sayler ?#?soulofapilgrim?
posted on https://twitter.com/MaryHSayler
May God bless you and your lovely work in Jesus’ Name.
Beautiful, Mary. May you be blessed!
Bravo, Jan! The call doesn’t know your age.
God’s call at fifty
Seminary and study
Answering the call.
My call is for rest and recuperation of the general good health I usually enjoy for which I am grateful.
Rest well, dear Susan. I know how hard it can be.