Word for today: Intention
A pilgrimage is an intentional journey into this experience of unknowing and discomfort for the sake of stripping away preconceived expectations. We grow closer to God beyond our own imagination and
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective question: In what ways might you begin to question and challenge the deep seated expectations, assumptions, beliefs and attitudes underlying your life? How might setting out on a pilgrimage transform your inner vision and perspective?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice today. (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine's newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
- Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>