Word for Today: Borderlands
Thresholds, liminal space, being on the edge, living in the borderlands when we have a spirituality that is committed to exploring these rich places, is the opposite of comfortable, safe, secure, boundaries, rigid, and unquestioned.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: Can you acknowledge that you simply don’t know what is to come? Can you allow yourself to surrender to something bigger and more meaningful, even as it calls us away from familiar patterns that are loved?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>
“Open my eyes that I may see
Your presence, Lord, about me.”
(From Border Lands, The best of David Adam)
Courage, little one. I am with you always.
we say yes
answering the call
of our hearts
we step into
the unknown ~
with deep gratitude