Word for Today: Essence
Anytime we have a desert experience in our lives, something is stripped away. It may be loss of possessions, loss of identity, or loss of a loved one….This stripping away forces us to return to the essence of things. We are thrust into the arms of what is most sacred to us.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: How can you practice this kind of letting go every day?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim