Word for Today: Simplicity
The invitation from the desert elders is to practice simplicity first. When we find this simplicity, they believed, we find true life.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: What brings you to life?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>
Do the little things well.
When washing up I look at this delicate bloom on my kitchen window ledge. It has been flowering for a couple of months now. According to the time of day and the way the light falls, I notice different colours in it. I thank God for its beauty and ask that I may see the hidden beauty in those whom I may struggle to love, and that they may see it in me too!
Wow, that’s a stunning image! Thank you for sharing it, Jane.
Beautiful and simple, JoAnn!
“simplicity – what brings you to life?”