Word for Today: Fasting
Fasting isn’t just for its own sake….Fasting is really an invitation to authentic freedom.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective question: What are the things in your life, from material possessions to personal beliefs, which weigh you down and restrict you, obscuring your search for God? What ideas about yourself keep you limited from everything you can be in your life?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>
Wonderful, JoAnn! Thank you.
“fasting” ~ a seven word poem
fasting from all
not serving ~
true self expressing!