Word for Today: Discern
Pilgrimage demands preparation. There is much letting go that needs to happen. Packing bags means we need to discern what to carry with us and what to leave behind. This is one of the great gifts of pilgrimage; an invitation to discern what is essential.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: What keeps you from the great adventure life is calling you to? What kinds of attitudes, beliefs, expectations and stories you tell about yourself need to be released to travel more lightly?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice today. (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine's newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
- Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>