More than 800 people shared their word for 2013! It is truly amazing and inspiring to read through the submissions, so consider pouring a cup of tea and perusing what others have posted. Please feel welcome to share your word, even though the date for being entered into the random drawing has passed (see winners below).
There are also some pretty wonderful photos being shared at this month’s Photo Party where you are invited to share images inspired by your word for the year (you can also take a quick look at the Flickr photo pool here – also worth some lingering).
I am so delighted to announce the winners of the Give Me a Word 2013 drawing:
(If you see your name below please send me your snail mail to claim your prize. I will be sending out emails to the winners, but am having some technical difficulties with getting emails sent at the moment . . . )
- from Christine Valters Paintner of Abbey of the Arts: a space in the online Lenten retreat with St. Hildegard of Bingen (*Winner: Therese “quiet”)
- from Kayce Stevens Hughlett of Diamonds in the Soul: a signed copy of her book As I Lay Pondering: Daily Invitations to Live a Transformed Life (*Winner: Barbara E “align” )
- from Dana Reynolds at Sacred Life Arts: a space in her online class The Book of Wonderment (*Winner: Maura “free” ) and a signed copy of her brand new novel Ink and Honey (*Winner: Don “impermanence” )
- from Ronna Detrick: a space in her online class Soulstice: Develop a Meaningful Spiritual Practice (*Winner: Diane “flight”)
- from Roy DeLeon of Now Praying: a signed copy of his book Praying with the Body and personalized body prayer for your favorite Psalm (*Winner: Scott “mercy”)
- from Tess Giles of Pilgrim’s Moon: a print of the beautiful banner art by Rima Staines (*Winner: Becky “community”)
- from Velma Frye: a copy of her CD “Seven Sacred Pauses” (*Winner: Carla “joy”) and “Take Heart” (*Winner: Amber “impregnate” )
- from Richard Bruxvoort Colligan: a copy of each of his Psalm CDs “Sharing the Road” (*Winner: Michelle “love”) and “Shout for Joy” (*Winner: Barbara “balance”)
- from Trish Bruxvoort Colligan of River’s Voice: a copy of her CDs “Breath” (*Winner: Ann Homer “give”) and “Unfolding” (*Winner: Ailsa “listen”)
- from Mary Sharratt: a copy of her novel Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard of Bingen (*Winner: Deborah “journey”)
- from Waverly Fitzgerald of Living in Season: a copy of her French Republican Calendar for 2013 (*Winner: Jodi “peace and love”) and a copy of her New Year Dreams E-book (*Winner: Hannah “light”)
- from Betsy McCall of the Art Monastery: an original art print (*Winner: Louise “discern wisdom”)
- from Paula Huston: a copy of her latest book Season of Mystery: 10 Spiritual Practies for Embracing a Happier Second Half of Life (*Winner: Judith “reverence”)
A deep bow of gratitude to everyone who participated and for helping to create a wonderful community of monks here at Abbey of the Arts.
I am away traveling until January 21st, so look for a new Poetry Party then and more Abbey goodness. . .