Five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance: The smell of my rosemary orange chicken roasting in the oven. So simple, so incredibly satisfying.
2) A color: The vibrant red hue of a Japanese maple in autumn, watching the amber glow of the fire in the fireplace.
3) An item of clothing: My old, cozy black fleece hooded jacket. Great over my pajamas when I am working from home. I also love being able to bring back out the down comforter and snuggle under it. To me, fall is all about the snuggling.
4) An activity: Each morning I take a prayer walk, a time to become fully present to what nature is inviting me to consider. In autumn my heart is flung wide open by the beauty and I simply rest in the awe.
5) A special day: October 19th, the anniversay of my mother’s death. This year will be the fifth anniversary and I am planning some retreat time away at one of my favorite places.
What about you? I’d love to hear your Fall favorites!
Have a marvelous weekend.
** Come back on Monday for our next Poetry Party! **