Word for Today: Beginnings
Pilgrimage is a place of new beginnings. No matter how far I stray from my practice, there is always an invitation to begin again. Not just each day, but each moment offers us the chance to lay a new foundation.
— Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: Can you simply notice when acedia starts talking, telling you that you are too busy, that stillness isn’t possible for you, and then start again?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim