Word for Today: Momentum
On a true pilgrimage, we soon discover that the journey has its own rhythm and momentum. We realize, if our hearts are listening, that there are secret destinations that reveal themselves as our path unfolds.
—Christine Valters Paintner, The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight Practices for the Journey Within
Reflective Question: As you set out upon your pilgrimage, can you leave behind your maps and guides, your desire to know beforehand which path to follow, and loosen your grip on plans and certainties?
- Let the word, quote, and question inspire your creative practice (Download the list of daily words here.) Use the hashtag #soulofapilgrim when sharing on social media.
- Join the Holy Disorder of Dancing Monks Facebook group to share your art and writing with others.
- Name your commitment to creative practice in the comments at this post (and enter the drawing to win a free copy of The Soul of a Pilgrim.)
- Share this post with others and invite them to participate (they can sign up here)
- Order a copy of Christine’s newest book The Soul of a Pilgrim
Walk the Ancient Paths: Join us on pilgrimage to sacred landscapes>>
breathing into this moment
what we “know”
opening to divine revealing
this one ~
with deep gratitude
“O Lord, bless the earth beneath my feet and the path I travel.”