Christine Sine at Godspace so graciously invited me to reflect on how lectio divina has changed my life and view of the world. Here is a brief except from The Transforming Power of Lectio Divina: A Deeper Look at the Four Movements:
After almost twenty years of practicing lectio divina, I see the world differently. Each moment and thing has the potential to become a vehicle for revelation. Lectio divina has changed my life. Instead of being something I practice for twenty minutes each morning it has become a way I experience and move through the world. Instead of feeling bound to a particular structure and sequence of steps, I discover that each movement of lectio has its own gift and rhythm and I open my heart to when it will be revealed in my day. The practice of a spiritual discipline is about more than the minutes we spend doing it, but how it overflows into the whole of life.
We might ask ourselves, is my vision changed because of this practice? If not, how might I let its gift be unleashed into each moment.
One of the greatest strengths in this volume, however, is the multi-traditional offerings alongside a clear identity in a long-rooted tradition of faith, Benedictine spirituality. When so rooted, guided by an ancient trellis of centuries’ stature, new life breathes into biology and true artistry may indeed blossom. It has roots to hold it, and life to live amongst challenges, thorns. Expressiveness and a life uniquely created, yet aching to be shared.
Previous Virtual Book Tour stops:
- A review of The Artist's Rule at the Anchoress
- The Artist's Rule is featured this month at the Patheos Book Club
- An interview with me about contemplation and creativity at Patheos
- Read my article on Art, Delight, and the Spiritual Life at Anam Cara
- An "innerview" with me about lectio divina at Sunshine Abbey
- A review of The Artist's Rule at Image Journal
- Read my article The Artist Begins Again and Again at Sunshine Abbey
- A review of The Artist's Rule at A Seat at the Table
- Read my article on The Creative Soul as Monk in the World at Bliss Chick
- A podcast interview with me at Sacred Life Arts
- An interview with me at June Mears Driedger
- A review of The Artist's Rule at Spirituality and Practice
- Read my article Awakening to our Creative Sacred Hearts at Pilgrim's Moon
- A review of The Artist's Rule at Creative Liberty
- An podcast interview with me on art and monasticism at Otherhood
You can order Christine's two newest books from Amazon.com: The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom and Lectio Divina–The Sacred Arts: Transforming Words and Images into Heart-Centered Prayer