June Mears Driedger has interviewed me over at her blog. Stop by to read and leave a comment for a chance to win a free copy of The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom.
Here is an excerpt:
The title of your book is “The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom.” Intriguing title—but what do monks have to do with artists?
Monasteries have been great centers of creativity since they were first formed – think of the beauty of Gregorian chant, the great illuminated manuscripts which bring text to life through a marriage with image, the architecture of cloisters creating sacred space as a container for prayer. When I fell in love with monasticism it was the aesthetic dimension which first captured my heart and I wanted to explore how their this path fosters this creative upwelling. My book explores the way monastic spirituality can help creativity flourish in anyone.
Click here to read the whole interview>>
Previous Virtual Book Tour stops:
- A review of The Artist’s Rule at Spirituality and Practice
- Read my article Awakening to our creative sacred hearts at Pilgrim’s Moon
- A review of The Artist’s Rule at Creative Liberty
- An podcast interview with me on art and monasticism at Otherhood
- A review of Lectio Divina at Godspace
More stops to come this week including more guest posts, interviews, and reviews!
- You can order Lectio Divina–The Sacred Arts: Transforming Words and Images into Heart-Centered Prayer and The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom by following the links to Amazon.com or you can order signed copies directly from the Abbey with free art journals included!