June Mears Driedger has interviewed me over at her blog. Stop by to read and leave a comment for a chance to win a free copy of The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom.
Here is an excerpt:
The title of your book is “The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom.” Intriguing title—but what do monks have to do with artists?
Monasteries have been great centers of creativity since they were first formed – think of the beauty of Gregorian chant, the great illuminated manuscripts which bring text to life through a marriage with image, the architecture of cloisters creating sacred space as a container for prayer. When I fell in love with monasticism it was the aesthetic dimension which first captured my heart and I wanted to explore how their this path fosters this creative upwelling. My book explores the way monastic spirituality can help creativity flourish in anyone.
Previous Virtual Book Tour stops:
- A review of The Artist’s Rule at Spirituality and Practice
- Read my article Awakening to our creative sacred hearts at Pilgrim’s Moon
- A review of The Artist’s Rule at Creative Liberty
- An podcast interview with me on art and monasticism at Otherhood
- A review of Lectio Divina at Godspace
More stops to come this week including more guest posts, interviews, and reviews!
- You can order Lectio Divina–The Sacred Arts: Transforming Words and Images into Heart-Centered Prayer and The Artist’s Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom by following the links to Amazon.com or you can order signed copies directly from the Abbey with free art journals included!