Join us for a weekend retreat on Saturday and Sunday, May 22-23, 2021
Both days: 7:30-9:00 AM + 9:30-11:00 AM Ireland/UK time
(8:30 AM-12:00 PM Central Europe / Manila + Singapore 2:30-6:00 PM / Sydney 4:30-8:00 PM)
with Christine Valters Paintner
This program is being offered in a weekend retreat format with two 90-minute sessions on Saturday and Sunday, May 22-23, 2021 and a half-hour break between.
Celtic spirituality is a spiral way, one that honors non-linear consciousness, follows nature’s rhythms closely, listens to dreams, learns through story, and cultivates a more expansive imagination. This form of early Christianity that developed was woven through with more ancient practices and traditions from both Druidic and megalithic time periods. For many who have European roots, there is a strong draw to a path that is indigenous to ones’ ancestors. For others, the call is to a way that honors Earth wisdom alongside human wisdom and the presence of the Otherworld just beyond the surface of everyday appearances.
Join us for this weekend online retreat delivered via Zoom. We begin soon after the Celtic feast of Beltaine (Samhain in the southern hemisphere which is the start of the Celtic new year). These Celtic feasts are considered to be especially thin times of year, where the veil between heaven and earth is especially permeable.
In each live session Christine Valters Paintner will engage us in story, poetry, music, gentle movement, writing explorations, meditation and contemplative practice, calling on saints and ancestors for support, as well as opportunities to share in large and small groups to help move us into this threshold way of thinking and being in the world which is more organic and intuitive. She will draw on stories and practices from both the Christian and pre-Christian traditions in ways that make them accessible to people of any belief or practice. We will spend about half the time engaged in various creative writing explorations to allow the theme to work within us. These explorations are meant to be generative and there is no workshop or critique component.
No previous writing experience necessary.
May 22: Session 1 - Thresholds and Wild Edges + Session 2 - Moving in Circles Around the Center
May 23: Session 1 - Wisdom of Cycles and Seasons + Session 2 - Following the Currents of Our Lives
All sessions will be recorded and available for registered participants. You are welcome to register and participate only through the recordings if the live session time doesn't work with your schedule.
Terms and Conditions
- No refunds are provided for online program registrations. Please consider your purchase carefully and review the many free materials we have on our website to make sure the program will be a good fit or get in touch with any questions.
- You will have access to all the program materials for the lifetime of this website.
- The registration fee is per person; we ask that you honor our work by not sharing the program materials with others who are not enrolled.
- All materials presented in our online programs are copyright. Please contact us for permission to quote in settings beyond the program.
- All video webinars and Zoom gatherings are recorded. These videos are made available to registered participants and may also be included in future versions of the program including self-study. If you choose to speak during a recorded gathering, you are giving us your consent to record that contribution. If you prefer not to be seen or heard, you can of course switch off or mute your camera or microphone at any time. Chat sessions are recorded and posted as well. Participation in the chat function is also giving consent to their recording. Breakout groups are never recorded.
- If you choose a payment plan and stop payment before fulfilling the commitment without contacting us to make other arrangements, your access to the program will be removed.
- All fees include VAT where applicable.
About the Presenter
Christine Valters Paintner is a Benedictine oblate and the online Abbess of Abbey of the Arts, a virtual monastery and global community integrating contemplative practice and creative expression. Christine earned her PhD in Christian spirituality and is a Registered Expressive Arts Consultant and Educator. She is a retreat facilitator and spiritual director, as well as the author of 15 books on contemplative practice and creative expression including two collections of poetry, Dreaming of Stones and The Wisdom of Wild Grace. Christine has lived in Galway, Ireland since 2012 with her husband John, where together they lead online and live retreats to the wild edges.