with Melinda Thomas
Saturday, June 5, 2021: 3-5:30 pm + 6:30-8 pm Ireland/UK time (10 am – 12:30 pm + 1:30-3 pm eastern time)
Sunday, June 6, 2021: 3-5:30 pm Ireland/UK time (10 am – 12:30 pm eastern time)
Do you ever feel that your life is out of balance? Do you long to deepen your understanding of Benedictine wisdom? Are you yearning to explore a yoga that means so much more than acrobatics?
Balanced living in spirit, mind, and body is a dynamic conversation between steadiness and motion, work and prayer, sound and silence, activity and rest. Study and application of the balancing way of Benedictine spirituality and yoga are useful markers on the path. Their wisdom has endured the test of time with its evolving cultural norms, politics, theology, technology, and medicine precisely because these traditions bring a steadying dialogue within an ever-changing world.
Join us for a mini-retreat on Zoom to explore the complementary principles of: humility and hospitality; listening, stability and conversion; rhythms, silence and sabbath. Through gentle yoga, meditation, journaling, and discussion, tap into time honored wisdom and practices that affirm a balanced approach to daily living.
No prior yoga experience is necessary. All levels welcome.
We will record the session and make it available on our course platform for those registered but encourage you, if possible, to join us live.
If you need a payment plan or a more of a scholarship to make this program accessible, please get in touch with us.
Terms and Conditions
- No refunds are provided for online program registrations. Please consider your purchase carefully and review the many free materials we have on our website to make sure the program will be a good fit or get in touch with any questions.
- You will have access to all the program materials for the lifetime of this website.
- The registration fee is per person; we ask that you honor our work by not sharing the program materials with others who are not enrolled.
- All materials presented in our online programs are copyright. Please contact us for permission to quote in settings beyond the program.
- All video webinars and Zoom gatherings are recorded. These videos are made available to registered participants and may also be included in future versions of the program including self-study. If you choose to speak during a recorded gathering, you are giving us your consent to record that contribution. If you prefer not to be seen or heard, you can of course switch off or mute your camera or microphone at any time. Chat sessions are recorded and posted as well. Participation in the chat function is also giving consent to their recording. Breakout groups are never recorded.
- If you choose a payment plan and stop payment before fulfilling the commitment without contacting us to make other arrangements, your access to the program will be removed.
- All fees include VAT where applicable.
Melinda Thomas, E-RYT 500 is a writer, yoga instructor, contemplative and administrative assistant at Abbey of the Arts. The daughter of an Episcopal priest, Melinda grew up in a family that valued spirituality, creativity, intellectual discernment and whimsy. During a period of chronic illness Melinda turned to yoga where she found healing. The study of Benedictine spirituality fostered deep connection between yoga and her Christian roots. Her classes and workshops are known for their engaging spiritual themes and invitations. In October 2020, Melinda published her first book, Sacred Balance: Aligning Body and Spirit Through Yoga and the Benedictine Way She lives in North Carolina with her son and enjoys being in the woods, reading, good tv, and the occasional dinner with friends. Visit her website >>