We welcome you to submit your reflection for possible publication in our Monk in the World guest post series. It is a gift to read how ordinary people are living lives of depth and meaning in the midst of the challenges of real life.
There are so many talented writers and artists in this Abbey community, so this is a chance to share your perspective. The link to the reflection will be included in our weekly newsletter which goes out to more than 11,000 subscribers.
Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Please click this link to read a selection of the posts and get a feel for the tone and quality.
- Submit your own post of 700-900 words on the general theme of “How do I live as a monk in the world? How do I bring contemplative presence to my work and/or family?” It works best if you focus your reflection on one aspect of your life or a practice you have, or you might reflect on how someone from the monastic tradition has inspired you. We invite reflections on the practice of living contemplatively.
- Please include a head shot and brief bio written in the third person (50 words max). You are welcome to include 1-2 additional images if they help to illustrate your reflection in meaningful ways. All images should be your own. Please make sure the file size of each the images is smaller than 1MB. You can resize your image for free here.
- We will be accepting submissions between now and August 31st for publication sometime in the late summer/fall 2017. We reserve the right to make edits to the content as needed (or to request you to make edits) and submitting your reflection does not guarantee publication on the Abbey blog, but we will do our best to include as many of you as possible.
- Email your submission by August 31st and include the reflection pasted into the body of your email and attach your photo(s).
We will be back in touch with you at the latest by the beginning of September to let you know if your post is accepted, if edits are needed, and/or when we have scheduled your post to appear.