The lovely Claire over at A Catholic Woman's Place has posted a review of The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul through Monastic Wisdom and has some really wonderful things to say. Here is an excerpt:
It is one of the best books I have read in the past decade, one of these works which is a seeker's and a blogger's dream: it is filled with idea of reflections, meditations, and quotes that trigger self-exploration and self-understanding.
I do not want to tell you all that is inside this book. I would like you to be surprised and enchanted by all that this book contains — of wisdom, of kindness. A sort of silence comes out of it to invite you to enter it. It is an inspiring book. You will find it encouraging. Your inner child, your inner monk, your inner artist, and your inner mystic will be grateful to you for spending the time to discover all that you thought you were not.
Previous Virtual Book Tour stops:
- Read my article on The Creative Soul as Monk in the World at Bliss Chick
- A podcast interview with me at Sacred Life Arts
- An interview with me at June Mears Driedger
- A review of The Artist's Rule at Spirituality and Practice
- Read my article Awakening to our Creative Sacred Hearts at Pilgrim's Moon
- A review of The Artist's Rule at Creative Liberty
- An podcast interview with me on art and monasticism at Otherhood
You can order Christine's two newest books from Amazon.com: The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom and Lectio Divina–The Sacred Arts: Transforming Words and Images into Heart-Centered Prayer (or share a poem at the Poetry Party – see link below – and enter for a chance to win a free book!)
Stop by this week's Poetry Party
Make sure to stop by the newest Poetry Party at the Abbey on the theme of "The Great Journey." Pour a cup of tea and linger with the beautiful poems already gathering there and then share your own with us.